Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FRIENDS.....new NY band obsession


Like a little indie mixed in with your hip hop and a dash of sexy?? Then you will love new band obsession,  via my bff - thank you Del Brown. FRIENDS is a band from Brooklyn, NY. Some smooth, sassy lyrics from one of my favorite tracks, "Im His Girl" read: "If you see me walkin around with him I'm not just some girl he picked up, Im....his......girl." Following in the sultry indie rap styles of girls like Lykke ly and Kreyshawn, this band is headed-up by two up and coming style icons - Samantha Urbani and Lesley Hann.
Originally named Perpetual Crush, the two leading ladies have been friends since Second grade and only last spring got together after Urbani began recording some casual tracks on her computer. After an impromptu jam session FRIENDS was born. Check out the video and keep an eye out for a album. It's taking a while due to an intense bidding war for the bands EP. Hope you love it - I know I do!
Najamoniq

No comments:

Post a Comment