Thursday, January 19, 2012

Because When You're in the West...You're Golden, Right?


With all the snow and cold outside, I thought it would be nice to post about a new band obsession that makes me feel like summertime, every time I listen.
GOLDENWEST is Wes Period (Smith,) Shaun Profeta, and Colin Baylen. Hailing from Los Angeles, California, this trio is a fun mixture of rap, dance, and rock with a little bit of hip hop dashed in. The concept for the band's unique sound began with lead singer, Wes Period (Smith;) he began writing lyrics and rhymes and releasing mix tapes in high school. The trio united shortly after and are steadily becoming more and more popular with the release of their EP "Through My Eyes" in March. The EP was self recorded in the band's own studio and was produced by band member Colin Baylen.
I hope you enjoy two of my favorite tracks, title track "Through My Eyes," where Wes flows about growing up a mixed kid trying to find his place and "Always a Party," an ode to party goes, party times, and other antics. So sit back and let the sounds of GOLDENWEST melt away your snow day blues!


Najamoniq

"When I hear music, I fear no danger, I am invulnerable, I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times and the latest."
-Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment