Monday, April 2, 2012

New Music Mondays : Bronze


Good Monday fellow music lovers. It's Najamoniq back in the saddle bringing you new music every monday.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Sasquatch Music Series; I had a blast exploring all the bands that will be playing the festival. I even found a few bands I now listen to and love. So, back to the finding of other new bands, new music, and new obsessions. This week's obsession - BRONZE.
Hailing from San Francisco, my partner in crime Del Brown and I had the pleasure of Djing at the New Frontier Lounge with these boys. After an amazing show, we had a little chat with them and got an impromtu interview.
Bronze is Brian who plays drums, Rob who sings, and Joe who does the electronics. The band began in 2006 when Brian moved back to San Francisco from Berlin, took up residence with Rob.
If you need a little bit of sound reference, I would say if you enjoy The Doors, or any kind of down tempo electro music, you will definitely be into these guys. The Doors are one of their influences, as well as Dr. Dre, Rob told me.
Something that really caught my eye was this box that Joe was playing. While chatting with the boys I asked about it; Joe told me that he wanted an insrument that was not a keyboard but still a synthesizer, and that played like a guitar instead of keys.This interesting machine has knobs. The most amazing part - Joe built the Box himself.
So, that's all for this week folks, take some time and check out BRONZE. I'm certain that you will enjoy this new music obsession as much as I have. See you next week. Enjoy this fun track by BRONZE, "One Night In Mexico."

xoxoxoxox
Najamoniq


1 comment:

  1. www.facebook.com/pages/Bronze/221163617907693 here is BRONZEs FB page if you would like more info on them!

    ReplyDelete