Monday, July 9, 2012

New Music Mondays: ALPINE

Happy Monday Music Lovers! I had a wonderfully fun time this weekend, fueled by music of course.

During the weekend a dear friend sent me a track, and I was hooked. Alpine is Phoebe, Lou, Phil, Christian, Ryan and Tim, hailing from Melbourne, Australia. ALPINE defines a new sound with zingy, wintry melody while still giving a sense of melancholy.

The band used to be known as SWISS but became ALPINE circa 2009-10; the band was quickly snapped up by the Aussie-hip Ivy Records. ALPINE quickly made their way onto the scene, constantly being referred to as the best Aussie band heard all year.

I love this band but I dont know if anyone can take the place of ABBA for me (tee hee hee.) Enjoy two of my favorite videos/songs from their debut album, A is for Alpine, out 8/12/2012 -  "Heartlove" and "Gasoline".

See you all next week with a new music obsession.

xoxoxoxoxo Najamoniq
“Life is for the living. Death is for the dead. Let life be like music. And death a note unsaid.” ― Langston Hughes, The Collected Poems




No comments:

Post a Comment