Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Music Mondays: POOLSIDE

Good Monday Music Lovers,
Summer is still in our midst, and I've got a new band on my radar. POOLSIDE is a Los Angeles based duo - Filip Nikolic and Jeffrey Paradise. Their sound is described as "Daytime Disco."

Filip Nikolic is a Danish born producer, DJ, and multi-instrumentalist, known for his contributions in the rock, dance, and pop genres. Jeffrey Paradise, formerly known as DJ Jefrodisiac, is a DJ synonymous with San Francisco's young, hip, and ready to party scenes.

Poolside's debut single, "Do You Believe," was positively received by fans and praised for its "pop-tinged disco, brimming with optimistic vocals and retro acid synths." "Take Me Home," Poolside's second single was released in November 2011, and their debut album, "Pacific Standard Time," was released on July 9th, 2012 on Day & Night Records.

I really enjoy this band, they are a serene mix of good dance music with relaxing yet energized tones. Basically, good summertime music. I recently had the pleasure of watching these guys live and even spending a few moments with them, and I can tell you that they are a good live show as well as gracious and charming in person.

I hope you enjoy my favorite track from Poolside, "Do You Believe." I will see you next week for my new music obsession.
xoxoxoxoxo Najamoniq
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosphy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." - Ludwig van Beethoven
 

No comments:

Post a Comment