Monday, November 7, 2011

Music, Hair, Passion and Fashion!

There are few things I love more than hair, and one of those things is definitely MUSIC - the most powerful, moving (I believe) form of communication. Music speaks to me at all moments - when I'm sad, I throw on a little Jeff Buckle; when im upset, bring out my Fiona Apple or Rage Against the Machine; when im feeling romantic, nothing is better than a little Chris Isaak; when i want to dance, bring out that Chromeo or Chk Chk Chk!!! There isnt a situation, emotion, or event music cannot express for me.

Right now is an exciting time in music! With an influx of what I'm sad to say are performers and not musicians, we are often presented with only generic, although entertaining and foot tapping, music. I long for depth, meaning, and passion in my music. So from my computer to your eyes, and hopefully to your ears, I will be sharing amazing music i find.And believe me there is a lot out there.

This week my new obsession is PASSION PIT, an electropop band from CambridgeMassachusetts. Passion Pit formed in 2007 after Michalel Angelakos wrote and performed a solo album - originally a belated valentines gift for his then girlfriend - and was approached by the other four future members. Magic was born.

This is my favorite track from the 2009 album "Manners." It's titled, "The Reeling." ENJOY,  and see you next week with another music post!

"Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm and gaiety to life and to everything"
-Plato



No comments:

Post a Comment