Monday, November 7, 2011

Plaid: It's Not Just Grunge Anymore

Stepping out this morning, the first thing I saw was my breath. These days make me yearn for warm items. I like to turn to plaid. The rich hues and deep colors create a sense of snuggly delight, but I want to stay on trend - I've decided to stop living in the '90s.

The Fall/Winter collections were FULL of plaid. The tartan was turned into sweaters, pants, scarves, and so much more. This year even saw a wrap-around dress made of delicious plum themed plaid. And there were some classically silhouetted dresses perked up by the always fun plaid. And, of course, lovely thick coats to wrap around and ward off the cold winds.

So, while we here in the Pacific Northwest have been famous for our love of all things plaid, we can join with the rest of the world and put a trend-setting, fashion forward spin to it. Check out millionlooks.com for some inspiration.

Take a look in some local shops, VanityMegs & Mo, or anyone of the Shopgirls of Tacoma to see what pieces you just need to add to your wardrobe for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment