Monday, May 14, 2012

New Music Mondays.....Chad Valley

Happy sunny Monday music folks. It's sunny, and I'm dying to bathe in all those lovely rays so this will be a short one.

Beautiful trance dance newbie CHAD VALLEY is this weeks New Music Obsession. It is hard for me to put into words what Mr. Manuel (CHAD VALLEY) does for chillwave, a music genre made popular in 2008. If I could use just one phrase about him and his music it would be, "Let one long chillwave of luxurious sound after another wash over you, courtesy of one-man musicgasm Hugo Manuel."

Hugo began in the band Jonquil, although he still plays with them he is also giving more focus to his solo project, CHAD VALLEY. I love the delicate yet moving quality to Hugo's music. Maybe because there’s just one of him, he is able to give the project greater focus; there is no dilution, or sense of boxes being ticked with Chad Valley – it’s just one idea gloriously stretched out over four tracks on his sublime self-titled debut EP.

This music is so good I'm sharing two videos from Chad Valley. Please enjoy song #1 "Reach Lines" and #2, my most favorite song by Chad Valley, "Anything." See you next monday with my new music obsession - until then enjoy the sun!
xoxoxo Najamoniq “The only truth is music.” ― Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment