Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Music Obsession: ICONA POP

Good Monday my fellow music listeners. The sun has taken a sabbatical for a short time, but my sunny disposition is still in tact due to hot tunes pumping through my speakers!!!

This week's new music obsession thats keeping me in sunny spirits....ICONA POP. Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo are the latest in a long line of Swedish acts hoping to make an impact in the electro dance community. The pair met at a house party in Stockholm in 2009 where they drunkenly agreed that they should make music together. "I was forced to go to her party," says Aino, "I'd been dumped and was lying in a bed for two weeks. So I went to the party, we were introduced and started to talk. We kind of fell in love." The drunken promise then turned into a reality. Caroline says: "[Aino] then called me the next day and I was nervous about meeting up again, maybe it had only been the alcohol talking the night before."

Fans of Robyn, Niki & The Dove, and La Roux will especially enjoy this duo. A little punk rock, a lot of dance, and lots of lady sass. I am absolutely in love with this band. Listening to ICONA POP leaves me with thoughts of colored skinny jeans, bright lipstick , medallions, break ups and make ups, and a fabulous night out on the town.

I know you will enjoy my two favorite songs from this dance powerhouse duo "Manners" and "I Love It". Thats all for this week folks. Tune back in next week for another new music obsession; until then keep listening!

xoxoxo Najamoniq "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach







No comments:

Post a Comment